Prep2 hrs 15 mins
Excellant!!! edited from Cooking Smart for a healthy heart.
Make and share this Grilled Flank Steak Argentine recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 beef flank steak, 1 inch thick,about 1 lb
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium baking potatoes, scrubbed
- Put broth, oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, red pepper, onion, and parsley in large zip lock plastic bag.
- Seal bag tightly and shake to mix Chimichurri sauce.
- Rub steak on both sides with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and then put steak into bag and close.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes, or up to 2 hours, turning bag one time.
- Meanwhile, place a wire cookling rack over paper towels.
- Cut potatoes lenghtwise, do not peel, into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Bring potatoes, remaining salt and pepper and enough water to cover to a boil in large saucepan over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer until potatoes are almost tender, about 10 minutes, transfer potatoes back to rack.
- Lightly coat potatoes on both sides with veggie cooking spray, butter or olive oil flavoured.
- Remove steak from sauce.
- Boil sauce vigorously in small saucepan 3 minutes, stirring constantly, remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, coat grill pan with veggie spray and set over medium high heat.
- Cook steak and potatoes until steak is done to taste, 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium rare, 4 to 5 minutes for medium; and potatoes are crispy, about 4 minutes per side.
- Thinly slice steak across the grain.
- Divide potato and steak slices among 4 plates.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons warm Chimichurri sauce over each serving.