Recipe by bunkie68
This recipe is from Once-A-Month Cooking by Mimi Wilson and Mary Beth Lagerborg. I'm adding it here so that I can plan my recipe list and shopping list for once-a-month cooking! Prep and cooking time are estimates, as I haven't made this yet.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs frozen fish fillets (halibut, swordfish, or orange roughy)
- 5 -6 new potatoes (bake with Thai fish sauce)
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Freeze fish fillets and store new potatoes until you're ready to prepare them.
- Whisk remaining ingredients together to make marinade. Freeze in a 1-quart bag taped to package of fish fillets.
- To prepare for serving, thaw marinade and fish fillets. Marinate fish 30 minutes.
- Remove fish from marinade. Broil or grill fish for 10 minutes per inch of thickness or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Baste frequently with marinade during cooking.
- Suggested sides: Baked new potatoes with Thai fish sauce, sauteed Napa cabbage.