This was the featured recipe in an email today from the www.lifescript.com website. My daughter loves eggplant!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the grilled eggplant
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 small eggplants
For the wraps
- 1For the grilled eggplant: Preheat the grill.
- 2Mix the olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of the basil together.
- 3Slice the eggplants lengthwise into 1/2" slices. Brush the slices on both sides with the olive oil mixture.
- 4Grill the eggplant slices until they become soft in the center, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- 5For the wraps: Mix the cheese, the remaining teaspoon of basil, salt and pepper together. Set aside.
- 6Spread the tortillas out on a work surface in front of you. Spread the cheese mixture out on the tortillas, then top with the spinach or arugula, a slice of tomato and a few slices of eggplant. Tightly roll the tortillas into a cylinder, ending with the seam side down.
- 7Cut the wraps on the diagonal and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Eggplant Wraps
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.8
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 21.5 mg
- Sodium 314.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 8.4 g