Recipe by senseicheryl
This was the featured recipe in an email today from the www.lifescript.com website. My daughter loves eggplant!
Top Review by jwilhelmsen
Delicious! The grilled eggplant with the cream cheese mixture was divine. I had an eggplant that was about to turn, and I ended up eating the whole thing by myself! Instead of tortillas, I used flat bread and heated them up over my stove to crisp the bottom. Wonderful recipe, thanks for posting.
For the grilled eggplant
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 small eggplants
For the wraps
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cream cheese, whipped or 1⁄2 cup goat cheese
- 4 flour tortillas, sliced in half, lengthwise
- 2⁄3 cup spinach or 2⁄3 cup arugula
- 4 slices tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- For the grilled eggplant: Preheat the grill.
- Mix the olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of the basil together.
- Slice the eggplants lengthwise into 1/2" slices. Brush the slices on both sides with the olive oil mixture.
- Grill the eggplant slices until they become soft in the center, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- For the wraps: Mix the cheese, the remaining teaspoon of basil, salt and pepper together. Set aside.
- Spread the tortillas out on a work surface in front of you. Spread the cheese mixture out on the tortillas, then top with the spinach or arugula, a slice of tomato and a few slices of eggplant. Tightly roll the tortillas into a cylinder, ending with the seam side down.
- Cut the wraps on the diagonal and serve.