Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was the featured recipe in an email today from the www.lifescript.com website. My daughter loves eggplant!
For the grilled eggplant
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 small eggplants
For the wraps
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cream cheese, whipped or 1⁄2 cup goat cheese
- 4 flour tortillas, sliced in half, lengthwise
- 2⁄3 cup spinach or 2⁄3 cup arugula
- 4 slices tomatoes
- For the grilled eggplant: Preheat the grill.
- Mix the olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of the basil together.
- Slice the eggplants lengthwise into 1/2" slices. Brush the slices on both sides with the olive oil mixture.
- Grill the eggplant slices until they become soft in the center, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- For the wraps: Mix the cheese, the remaining teaspoon of basil, salt and pepper together. Set aside.
- Spread the tortillas out on a work surface in front of you. Spread the cheese mixture out on the tortillas, then top with the spinach or arugula, a slice of tomato and a few slices of eggplant. Tightly roll the tortillas into a cylinder, ending with the seam side down.
- Cut the wraps on the diagonal and serve.
Delicious! The grilled eggplant with the cream cheese mixture was divine. I had an eggplant that was about to turn, and I ended up eating the whole thing by myself! Instead of tortillas, I used flat bread and heated them up over my stove to crisp the bottom. Wonderful recipe, thanks for posting.