pattikay in L.A.'s Note:
From The New Spanish Table. This recipe shows the versatility of gazpacho, normally a soup, that can be used as a sauce as well. This sauce will work with grilled fish or vegetables also.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 slice white bread, crusts removed
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup piquillo pepper, strips with a little of the liquid from the jar (can substitute pimentos)
- 1/4 cup chopped italian pepper (frying)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne (to taste)
- 1 pinch sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- coarse salt
- 1make the piquillo pepper gazpacho sauce: place the bread in a small bowl, add cold water to cover and let soak for 5 minutes.
- 2drain and squeeze out the excess liquid.
- 3place the soaked bread and the tomato, piquillo pepper strips and liquid, italian pepper, onion, garlic, cumin, cayenne, sugar, olive oil and vinegar in a food processor and puree until completely smooth.
- 4season the sauce with salt and black pepper to taste and more cayenne if desired.
- 5scrape the sauce into a bowl and let stand till the flavors develop at least 30 minutes.
- 6make the chicken:
- 7light grill or preheat broiler.
- 8rub the chicken generously with salt, pepper and brush it with olive oil.
- 9grill or broil the chicken, turning it once an dbrushing it again with the olive oil, till lightly charred and cooked through, 6-8 minutes per side.
- 10transfer the chicken to a cutting board and let rest for about 5 minutes, then slice it on the diagonal.
- 11to serve, spread a few tablespoons of the gazpacho sauce on dinner plates and fan the chicken slices on top.
- 12If desired, drizzle some olive oil infused with chopped basil around the sauce and over the chicken. Salt lightly. Serve at once.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken With Piquillo Gazpacho Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.8
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 82.3 mg
- Sodium 100.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 29.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar