Recipe by Karen From Colorado
I made this as an experiment to have something different then BBQ sauce. It is very sticky with a nice spicy sweet taste. Serve it with some grilled sliced pineapple, onions, bell peppers, and tomatoes for a one grill meal with a tropical flair.
Top Review by Braunda
This is so very good. I did not think I would like anything with mustard in it. But I have you know this is the very best. I did have help off the chat. I did not have red pepper flakes. So I went to zaar's chat and people were there to help me. I used Crushed Red Pepper. They told me to use half of what it called for.It turned out wonderful.
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons water or 2 teaspoons fruit juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 4 chicken breast halves or 1 whole chicken, cut up
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a small sauce pan.
- Cook over med heat, stirring constantly to a boil.
- Stir and cook 2 minutes more; remove from heat and set aside.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Grill meat until nearly done.
- Brush curry sauce on the meat during the last part of the cooking time.
- Turn and coat the other side.
- Keep turning and adding sauce until the sauce is used up, allowing 1 or 2 minutes between turns to allow the sauce to cook onto the meat. (you can also make this in the oven).
- Serve with lots of napkins.