Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I made this as an experiment to have something different then BBQ sauce. It is very sticky with a nice spicy sweet taste. Serve it with some grilled sliced pineapple, onions, bell peppers, and tomatoes for a one grill meal with a tropical flair.
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons water or 2 teaspoons fruit juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 4 chicken breast halves or 1 whole chicken, cut up
- salt and pepper
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a small sauce pan.
- Cook over med heat, stirring constantly to a boil.
- Stir and cook 2 minutes more; remove from heat and set aside.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Grill meat until nearly done.
- Brush curry sauce on the meat during the last part of the cooking time.
- Turn and coat the other side.
- Keep turning and adding sauce until the sauce is used up, allowing 1 or 2 minutes between turns to allow the sauce to cook onto the meat. (you can also make this in the oven).
- Serve with lots of napkins.
This is so very good. I did not think I would like anything with mustard in it. But I have you know this is the very best. I did have help off the chat. I did not have red pepper flakes. So I went to zaar's chat and people were there to help me. I used Crushed Red Pepper. They told me to use half of what it called for.It turned out wonderful.
I made this in the oven because our grill is out of commission. I used 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts and 2 naked quorn cutlets for the vegetarians. I followed the recipe using the fruit juice option, doubling the minced garlic (we are all garlic lovers, so this is standard for us) and a combination of mustard (2 chinese hot mustard packets, yellow mustard and a little dijon because I didn't have enough of any one kind!) Even with the little changes, it still turned out very good. Even DD, who isn't a huge fan of curry, enjoyed it. Served with steamed green beans and rice. A little sauce on the rice was fantastic. Thanks for an enjoyable meal.
Relly good but a little to much honey for my taste as a chef and just needed to reduce a little as well. But over all very good. Ty