Recipe by Vicki in CT
From the Weber Grill Cookbook. These are the best you'll ever have.
Top Review by akabettyore
These are very tasty. I used boneless breasts rather than thighs and they were not dry at all. I omitted the avocado from the salsa but I added red onion as I didn't think the white ends of the scallions was sufficient. We didn't use black beans, because my husband doesn't like them but I'm sure they'd be great in them.
Ingredients for Marinade
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Ingredients for the Salsa
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped ripe tomatoes
- 1 large ripe avocado, Peeled and Diced
- 5 green onions, white part only chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, Finely Chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Condiments for tacos
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 14 ounces black beans, heated
- 10 soft taco-size flour tortillas
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
Directions See How It's Made
- To make Marinade: In a small bowl whisk together the marinade ingredients. Rinse the chicken thighs under cold water dry with paper towels. Put marinade and chicken in ziplock bag overnight.
- To make the salsa: Combine the salsa ingredients, including salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine milk and sour cream.
- Grill chicken over Direct Medium heat 8 to 10 minutes until meat is firm turning once. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
- In heated soft tortillas place chicken, cheese, drained black beans, sour cream, salsa, and lettuce on tacos.