Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the Weber Grill Cookbook. These are the best you'll ever have.
Ingredients for Marinade
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Ingredients for the Salsa
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped ripe tomatoes
- 1 large ripe avocado, Peeled and Diced
- 5 green onions, white part only chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, Finely Chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Condiments for tacos
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 14 ounces black beans, heated
- 10 soft taco-size flour tortillas
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- To make Marinade: In a small bowl whisk together the marinade ingredients. Rinse the chicken thighs under cold water dry with paper towels. Put marinade and chicken in ziplock bag overnight.
- To make the salsa: Combine the salsa ingredients, including salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine milk and sour cream.
- Grill chicken over Direct Medium heat 8 to 10 minutes until meat is firm turning once. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
- In heated soft tortillas place chicken, cheese, drained black beans, sour cream, salsa, and lettuce on tacos.
These are very tasty. I used boneless breasts rather than thighs and they were not dry at all. I omitted the avocado from the salsa but I added red onion as I didn't think the white ends of the scallions was sufficient. We didn't use black beans, because my husband doesn't like them but I'm sure they'd be great in them.
These were definitely 5 star! Loved the salsa! If you are a guacamole fan, you will LOVE this! I didn't have time to marinate the chicken, so I put all the marinade into a sautee pan with the chicken cut up in little bites. I sauteed the chicken instead of grilled because I didn't have a grill at the time either. Poured the marinade out at the end. I can't imagine how good it will taste once I grill the chicken if it was so great this fast way! I also added a whole sliced jalapeno (seeds removed) to the salsa and it wasn't hot. I did change the sour cream sauce by not putting milk in but a couple tbsps of lime juice, a 1/8 tsp of cumin and a 1/8 tsp of chili powder and mixed that up. Loved it and thought that brought out the taste in the chicken even more! Thank you so much for posting! New favorite dinner for me!
Best chicken tacos I've had yet! So easy and hits the spot when its so hot outside and you don't want anything too heavy. Fresh tasting and chicken has great flavor for such a simple marinade. Only thing I changed was to add a whole, unseeded jalapeno to the salsa (kids were not eating this part). Salsa is so good that I'll double next time so we have leftovers for chips. Thank you for submitting!