Recipe by Mary Jenny
With sizzling temperatures and sticky summer nights, salads are a refreshing dinner choice to keep the kitchen and the family cool. But what can really make your temperature rise is trying to convince the kids to eat their veggies. Don't sweat it—transforming traditional, bland leafy sides into a main attraction can be easy.
- 1 cup honey garlic sauce (VH is a good choice, plus remainder of bottle for grilling)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, boneless, skinless cut into thick strips
- 7 ounces mixed greens
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 14 ounces can pineapple chunks, drained
- Pam cooking spray, grilling spray
- asian-style dressing (i.e. sesame, mandarin etc.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate chicken breast strips in 1 cup (250mL) VH Honey Garlic Sauce for 1 hour.
- Spray grill with PAM Grilling Spray, heat grill and grill chicken over medium high heat until cooked through, about 7 minutes.
- In a large bowl place pineapple, red onion and greens. Just before serving toss with dressing, put salad onto individual plates and top with equal amounts of grilled chicken.