Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Takes a bit of time to make, but there are never any left on the plate!! Not spicy so kids LOVE them too. I was playing around with some thawed chicken one day and came up with this recipe on my own. The ingredients are approximate, but they are delicious!
- Remove skin from chicken breasts.
- Place in boiling water with 2-3 teaspoons of chile powder.
- Boil until no longer pink, remove from water and let cool.
- Once cool, remove from bone and place in food processor.
- Add cilantro, green onion, salt in with chicken.
- Sprinkle with chile powder to taste.
- Pulse until mixture is pretty fairly ground up.
- Place in large bowl and add cheese. Stir to combine well.
- Heat a large frying pan. Spay one tortilla with nonstick spray.
- Place in pan. Layer chicken mixture onto tortilla and top with another. spray the top of that one.
- Once the underside is a golden brown, carefully flip with a large spatula.
- Remove from heat and use a pizza cutter to cut into triangles.
- Place in a warm oven until you have used all the ingredients.
- Serve with salsa and sour crem.