This is a great, healthy dinner, lunch or appetizer that fills you up, but doesn't leave you feeling guilty. I love the combination of the chicken with peppers and onion. You can also use your broiler for this recipe.
- 1 cup low-fat peach yogurt
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cut in 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 red onion, cut in large chunks
- 2 bell peppers, cut in large chunks (red, yellow or green)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 4 bamboo skewers (soaked in water a few hours)
- (4 hours preparation includes the time to marinate the chicken.).
- -Combine yogurt, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, ginger and fresh parsley. Add chicken chunks & refrigerate in a sealed container a few hours.
- -Preheat grill. Peel onions & cut into thick slices, also chunk peppers.
- -Alternate chicken, onion and peppers onto bamboo skewers. Remove excess marinade.
- -Brush w/olive oil & season w/salt & pepper. Grill approximately 10 minutes; turn once & cook until brown & cooked through.
- -Serve over a bed of hot, cooked rice or fresh salad greens. You can even have as an appetizer with your favorite dipping sauces (bbq, honey-mustard, teriyaki, etc).
Wordeful recipe!!! I loved it, so easy to make and so full of taste. I used low fat plain yogurt not peach, but that was the only change I made. Thanks Vicky, its a keeper!