Recipe by rileyk2
This sauce is very tasty, and pretty healthy especially if you use low-fat/lite sour cream and cream cheese. I don't have a grille, so I use my George Forman. Often with the GFG, chicken comes out a little burnt if you use a sauce/marinade directly on the meat...this sauce is spooned on after the meat is cooked, so it works out perfectly!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons butter or 4 teaspoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper, cut in strips
- 3 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 teaspoons dry white wine (or vermouth)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- While chicken breasts are grilling, prepare sauce.
- Sauté onion and garlic in butter/margarine until onion is translucent (2 minutes).
- Add pepper strips and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender crisp (about 5 minutes).
- Meanwhile, measure into blender the cream cheese, sour cream and wine.
- Add the peppers and onions to the blender and process until smooth, scraping down sides of container as necessary.
- Return sauce to saucepan and cook over low heat until heated through (Do Not Boil).
- Serve over chicken; garnish with parsley.