Pimenta Moida (Portuguese Red Pepper Sauce)
photo by judi1947
- Ready In:
- 1 lb red chili pepper (hot or mild, or a mix)
- 1⁄8 cup coarse sea salt
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
- Wash and stem the peppers. Remove seeds if you don't want the "heat".
- Place peppers and salt in a food processor and blend.
- Place the ground peppers in a medium saucepan and boil for 5 minutes. Stir in vinegar and pour into a clean jar. Cool.
- When cool, top with a layer of olive oil, put lid on jar and refrigerate up to 3 months.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made a batch of this per the recipe to make a Portuguese Red Pepper rub for a Portugese chicken recipe I made. It worked well giving the chicken a lot of flavor. It was a winner so I rated it a 5/5. Per the other reviews I noted there were concerns because it wasn’t authentic and it was rated & reviewed without making it. So I’m not sure if that fairly reflects its success or not but it worked well for me. I’ll make it again as needed because my chicken recipe turned out great!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
WARNING: Make my recipes if you want, but I am no longer an active member and will not acknowledge reviews, photos or answer questions via z-mail. I find this site to be pretty useless without the forums. I can find recipes on a lot of different websites.