Recipe by Lvs2Cook
Great recipe for your next barbecue.
Top Review by nykat2004
Very good even after I messed it up...I forgot to marinate the chicken the night before and was only able to let chicken sit in Italian Dressing for an hour or so. I also forgot to get the sun-dried tomatoes and it was still excellent. I don't think I'll bother with the tomatoes now... it was so good without them. Even better the next day. Thank you for sharing. I'll be making it again this weekend!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian dressing
- 12 ounces fresh cheese tortellini or 12 ounces frozen cheese tortellini
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 12 sun-dried tomatoes, cut into slivers
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in a ziplock bag, pour entire bottle of Italian dressing over the chicken and marinate in the refrigerator overnight. Turn the bag several times.
- Drain the chicken and discard marinade. Grill for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and no pink remains. Remove from grill and cut into bite-size pieces.
- While chicken is grilling, heat water and cook tortellini until tender but still firm ~ about 8 to 10 minutes. If using frozen, cook according to package directions.
- Drain. Rinse with cold water and drain thoroughly.
- In a large salad bowl, combine mayo, eggs, red pepper, tomatoes, salt and pepper, chicken, and tortellini and mix until well combined. Add additional mayo if necessary to reach desired consistency.