Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great recipe for your next barbecue.
Make and share this Grilled Chicken and Tortellini Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Place chicken in a ziplock bag, pour entire bottle of Italian dressing over the chicken and marinate in the refrigerator overnight. Turn the bag several times.
- Drain the chicken and discard marinade. Grill for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and no pink remains. Remove from grill and cut into bite-size pieces.
- While chicken is grilling, heat water and cook tortellini until tender but still firm ~ about 8 to 10 minutes. If using frozen, cook according to package directions.
- Drain. Rinse with cold water and drain thoroughly.
- In a large salad bowl, combine mayo, eggs, red pepper, tomatoes, salt and pepper, chicken, and tortellini and mix until well combined. Add additional mayo if necessary to reach desired consistency.
Very good even after I messed it up...I forgot to marinate the chicken the night before and was only able to let chicken sit in Italian Dressing for an hour or so. I also forgot to get the sun-dried tomatoes and it was still excellent. I don't think I'll bother with the tomatoes now... it was so good without them. Even better the next day. Thank you for sharing. I'll be making it again this weekend!
we really liked this salad. I used grilled turkey breast instead of chicken and it turned out well. will definitely make it again for our next company bbq.
This is a great dish for a light lunch or dinner. I only used 2 eggs and light mayo and it turned out great.