1/2 Photos of Grilled Cheese Sandwich With Sauerkraut on Rye Recipe
Here is a variation of a classic grilled cheese. Uaged Gruyere Swiss cheese on dark rye bread, with added sauerkraut is delish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a frying pan to medium high heat. For each slice of bread, butter one side and place slice butter side down on the hot pan.
- 2Add a layer of cheese to one of the slices.
- 3As the bread begins to toast just slightly, and the cheese begins to soften, spread the heated sauerkraut over the slice of bread with cheese.
- 4Using a spatula, flip the cheese-less bread slice over on top of the slice with cheese and sauerkraut.
- 5After 30 sec or so, check to see if the cheese is just beginning to melt.
- 6If it is, flip the whole sandwich over onto the other side.
- 7Toast a minute more or less on that side until the cheese has melted, but isn't runny.
- 8Remove the sandwich from the pan; slice in half.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Cheese Sandwich With Sauerkraut on Rye Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 560.5
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.1 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 97.4 mg
- Sodium 963.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 28.5 g