Easy comfort food.
Make and share this Grilled Cheddar and Bacon on Raisin Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Butter one side of each raisin bread slice and turn slices over.
- Arrange cheddar on unbuttered sides of bread and top 4 slices with bacon.
- Flip remaining bread onto bacon.
- Heat a nonstick sillet over moderate heat until hot and cook sandwiches in batches, pressing lighly with a spatula, until undersides are golden, about 1 minute.
- Turn sandwiches over and cook, pressing lightly until undersides are golden and cheese is melted about 1 minute.
This was very tasty! I liked the salty-sweet combination. I cut it down to one sandwich for my lunch today. Thanks for sharing!
These are great and I make them with turkey bacon in the microwave w/out the greasy mess all over the cooktop. Even Emeril likes comfort food - I saw it posted on emerils.com. I so enjoy this type of food i.e. sandwiches both hot and cold. Thanks for posting this, Diane
Was good. Definately a different combination that I wouldn't have originally thought about mixing. But the raisins in the bread actually tasted great with the bacon and the cheese. Thanks!