- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 8 slices raisin bread
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cooked until crisp and drained on paper towels
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter one side of each raisin bread slice and turn slices over.
- Arrange cheddar on unbuttered sides of bread and top 4 slices with bacon.
- Flip remaining bread onto bacon.
- Heat a nonstick sillet over moderate heat until hot and cook sandwiches in batches, pressing lighly with a spatula, until undersides are golden, about 1 minute.
- Turn sandwiches over and cook, pressing lightly until undersides are golden and cheese is melted about 1 minute.