Recipe by MissPenny
The horseradish makes the burgers stay very juicy and gives them a tangy flavor. The Havarti adds a wonderful richness.
Top Review by SloppyJoe
These were very good. Topped them with Cheddar slices as that's what I had and served them with baked fries and a Horseradish dipping sauce. Tasty! Made for All Fired Up Photo Grilling Tag.
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1⁄2 cup prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 cup minced yellow onion
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 16 slices havarti cheese or 8 ounces cheese, sliced into 8 slices
- 8 large hamburger buns, split
- catsup, on the side for serving
- mayonnaise, on the side for serving
- mustard, on the side for serving
- bacon, on the side for serving
- lettuce, on the side for serving
- tomatoes, on the side for serving
- sliced onion, on the side for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the beef in a large bowl and fold in the horseradish and onions; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Form into 8 burgers, cover and chill while preparing grill.
- Grill burgers for 8 minutes per side for medium or 7 minutes for rare.
- When burgers are almost ready place cheese on top of each and cover the grill for 1 minute to melt the cheese.
- Remove the burger to a serving plate and toast the buns if desired.
- Serve the burgers with your favorite condiment and garnishes.