Recipe by Rita~
Balsamic and herb marinaded on eggplant cut so it grills on 3 sides and won't fall through the grates of the grill. Enjoy this recipe as is or cube and add to a pasta salad, sprinkle grated cheese over it while still hot.
- 1 eggplant, peeled and sliced lengthwise in half the half again Check photo
- 14.79 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml dried parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the marinade ingredients into a bag tossing to combine. Add the 4 quarters of the eggplant and marinade for 1 hour at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat grill to high. Place the wedges on the grates reserving the marinade.Grill on hot oiled grates lowering heat to medium.
- Brown on all three sides. Marking each side. Will be ready when easy to remove from grate. For more tender move to indirect heat and grill till desired. About 10 minutes.
- Pour the reserved marinade over the hot eggplant.