Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I'd like to give credit to a 'zaar receipe #189995, but also say that it isn't exactly the same. On a business retreat, a gentleman in our group offered to try his hand at grilling an appetizer for us. What you see here is his version, and while very similar to the posted receipe #189995, it is decidedly different so I decided to post it as a grilling version. We were using a Weber charcoal grill but I'm sure it a gas grill will work just as well. These were served with steaks, baked potatoes and salad and everyone was grabbing "just one more" of these tasty little treats even during the meal. I hope you find it as wonderful as we did!
- Cut jalapeno in half, remove and discard seeds and dice into small pieces.
- Stir jalapeno pieces into cream cheese and set aside.
- Cut a slit into the back of each shrimp.
- Gently "stuff" the cream cheese mixture into the shrimp.
- Wrap one slice of bacon completely around the shrimp several times and secure with toothpicks.
- Place shrimp on a foil lined grilling basket or tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Place on grill and close the lid, checking every 2 minutes, turning at least one time until bacon is browned - depending on the temperature of the grill this is anywhere from 7-12 minutes.