Recipe by Abby Girl
I love colour and texture in foods! The first time I did this recipe was on a hot summer night...when it was even too hot to barbecue. We persevered and was quite delighted with the results. Wonderful with any grilled meats or fish. I tend to go light on the seasoning and the oil....but that is my preference. Season according to taste
Top Review by MsSally
This was okay, I love asparagus and am always up to try new things. However, I didn't especially like the sweet taste with the asparagus. I used raspberry vinegrette dressing instead of raspberry vinegar and olive oil. I may try again but use with chicken in a salad with fruit as opposed to a side dish.
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar, divided
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1⁄2 pint fresh raspberry
- 1⁄4 cup asiago cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill.
- Spread asparagus along a large tray with sides. Drizzle olive oil, then shake tray to coat asparagus. Add more olive oil if needed.
- Drizzle with vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Place asparagus across the grill and cook, turning carefully, until tender and crips, 3 - 5 minutes.
- Return asparagus to tray. Add thyme; drizzle with more raspberry vinegar (if needed).
- Arrange asparagus on a platter and garnish with fresh raspberries and cheese.