1/1 Photo of Grilled Apples With Cheese & Honey
Go apple picking in the Fall and then take them and cook them. Dessert meets the cheese plate when you drizzle grilled apples and flavorful cheese with honey and toasted pecans for a quick and healthy finish to any meal for two. Allow cheese to come to room temperature before using. Eating Well, October 2007.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large tart apples or 2 small tart apples, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 2 teaspoons almond oil (we used canola) or 2 teaspoons canola oil (we used canola)
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 ounce sharp cheddar cheese or 1 ounce parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1Preheat grill or grill pan to medium heat.
- 2Toss apple slices with oil and sugar in a large bowl.
- 3Grill the apple slices until just tender and lightly marked, turning once, about 6 minutes total.
- 4Shave cheese into thin strips with a vegetable peeler.
- 5Top the apple slices with a sprinkling of cheese and nuts and drizzle with honey.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Apples With Cheese & Honey
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.1
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 14.9 mg
- Sodium 89.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 24.8 g
- Protein 5.1 g