Green Grapes With Feta Cheese & Honey
Serve this for dessert or arrange it on a leaf of butter lettuce as a salad. I made this and served it over baby spinach leaves. I'm not a big fan of feta cheese, for me a little goes a LONG way. So I made an extra side of the dressing and poured it over the fruit, and used freshly grated parmesan cheese instead. From Eating Well magazine... NOTE: Prep time is cooking time.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey (I used raw honey)
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups green seedless grapes (about 1 pound)
- 1 pear, ripe but firm (Bartlett or Anjou)
- 6 -8 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Place feta in a small bowl.
- Drizzle with oil and honey. Add pepper and toss gently.
- Shortly before serving, halve grapes lengthwise.
- Gently toss grapes and pear slices.
- Scatter the feta over the fruit.
- Garnish with basil.