Frosted Green Grapes for Garnish
These frosted grapes look beautiful hanging on the side of a glass filled with fruit salad or a chilled glass of Champagne. You may use castor surgar instead of the gelatin or granulated. An interesting point has been raised about the safety of eating these grapes when raw egg white is used and then they sit out. I leave it up to you - If you make them, dry them & use them fairly quickly I would not worry. If you do not like using any form of raw egg and eating it leave them as decoration only.
- Ready In:
- 6 green seedless grape clusters (6-10 grapes per cluster)
- 1 egg white, beaten but not stiff just bubbly
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime gelatin or (3 ounce) package granulated sugar
- Brush the grapes with the egg white.
- Sprinkle with the gelatin or sugar.
- Dry throughly on a rack.