Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yummy grilled apples in a salad combine so well with blue cheese, walnuts and balsamic dressing. From taste of home.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 large apples, cut into wedges
- 1 (5 ounce) package mixed baby lettuces and spring greens
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- For dressing, in a bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients. Pour 1/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add apples. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining dressing until serving.
- Drain apples, reserving marinade for basting. Thread onto 6 metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill apples, covered, over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown, basting frequently. Turn and grill 6-8 minutes longer or until golden and tender.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, walnuts and blue cheese. Add apples. Drizzle with reserved dressing and toss to coat.
We made this as a part of our Thanksgiving menu, and it was a huge success!!! The dressing is wonderful, and the flavors mix together wonderfully. The warm grilled apple is a nice touch as well... Hope that others take time to enjoy this wonderful Fall salad