Recipe by Laura36
Make this burger and watch 'em weep for joy. The roasted pepper may sound like work but it is amazingly simple...Try it once...you'll be hooked.
Top Review by Kari in CA
These were wonderful! The red pepper really made this burger, and you are right, roasting it was very simple. This is the only way I will make my burgers from now on! Thanks so much for posting!!
- 1⁄3 cup finely cubed provolone cheese
- 1⁄4 cup diced roasted red pepper (see instructions for roasting directions if needed)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- salt and black pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, combine cheese, red peppers, onion, salt, pepper.
- Add beef, mix well.
- Shape into 4 patties.
- Grill-covered-medium hot heat 4-5 minutes each side or until meat is no longer pink.
- **For Roasted Red Pepper: Broil pepper approx 2" from broiler for about 15 minutes, rotating the pepper slightly every 5 minutes (I use hot dog tongs).
- Once it looks blackened on all sides-remove with tongs and place in paper bag-folding down top of bag to seal in heat.
- Let pepper cool slightly.
- When cool enough to handle, peel outer skin off w/your fingers.
- Cut pepper in half and remove all seeds and core.