Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
A nice vegetarian snack or serve as part of a main meal.
- 4 large red peppers
- 2 large eggplants, cut thinly lengthwise into about 10 slices each
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 450 g feta cheese
- 2 large red chilies, finely chopped and deseeded
- 1 cup of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 lemons, juice of
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the grill as hot as possible and sit the whole peppers on the rack below until their skin turns red and blisters.
- You will need to rotate them to get them black all over.
- Take out and over with cling film for a few minutes until the skin peels off easily.
- Uncover and peel the peppers and take out their stalks and cores.
- Cut into 4 pieces lengthways and set aside.
- Preheat a griddle, brush both sides of the eggplant slices with oil and grill for 2 minutes until golden and tender.
- You may also char the red peppers if you like.
- Crumble the feta into a bowl and mix with mint chilli, mint, black pepper and lemon juice, leaving a bit of the mint aside for a garnish.
- Put some of the feta mixture on to the end third of each pepper and eggplant slice and roll.
- Place joint side down on a plate and sprinkle with a bit of mint.