Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my hubby's favorite Casserole. I usually make this when we barbecue as a side dish but it can be a main course if you like. Sooo good and don't be cheap with the cheese. ENJOY!!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (17 ounce) can whole kernel corn, Undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) cansliced olives, Drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, Drained
- 1 (8 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 2 cups mexican cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly brown onion and beef in a skillet. Drained fat. Mix the stewed tomatoes, corn, sliced olives, kidney beans, salsa, sour cream, cornmeal, salt, chili powder, cumin and beef bouillon. Thoroughly combine all the ingredients with the beef/onion mixture EXCEPT the cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Remove from oven. Add cheese on top and bake for another 5 minutes ENJOY and serve it with love.
This is yummy. We are trying to eat less meat so I substituted a can of fat-free refried beans for the ground beef the second time I made it, used petite diced tomatoes with chipolte peppers and mixed the cheese in the the other ingredients to distribute the cheese more evenly through the dish. Both versions were outstanding. Thanks for sharing.
i loved it and so my husband who is a pcky eater!!
sounds really good, thanks 4 posting!