Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Chocolate chunk oatmeal cookies are one of my favorites! For a twist, try Sun-Maid chocolate-covered raisins instead of chocolate chunks, or substitute 1/2 cup toasted pecans for some of the chunks.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chunks
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, and then stir in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Mix in the quick oats and chocolate chunks.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto parchment-lined (or lightly greased) baking sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes in the preheated oven. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
My my my, these are goodddd! I added 1 c. chopped pecans for even more crunch and flavor. Yummy!