Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a very tasty way to get a healthy dose of greens. From the book "The Healthy Kitchen" (Andrew Weil, MD and Rosie Daley).
- 1 cup onion, cut into half moons
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup red bell pepper, seeded and cut julienne
- 4 cups kale, stemmed and cut julienne
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 4 cups napa cabbage or 4 cups bok choy, cut julienne
- 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup white miso
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey or 1 tablespoon brown rice syrup
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill weed or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- SALAD -----------.
- In large skillet over medium high heat, saute onions in the sesame oil for 5 minutes.
- Add pepper, toss and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add kale and 1/3 cup of water. Cook until liquid has evaporated.
- Add cabbage, tamari and remaining 1/3 cup of water. Cook until greens are tender, about 5 minutes.
- DRESSING -----------.
- Stir miso and tahini together in a bowl.
- Add lemon juice and water and mix well.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- ASSEMBLE -----------.
- Divide salad into 4 servings and spoon 2 tbsp of Tangy Miso Dressing over each.