Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 package unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1⁄2 lb sliced mushroom
- 10 ounces frozen cut green beans
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried fines herbes or 1⁄4 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle the gelatin over the water.
- Place over low heat and stir constantly until the gelatin dissolves, about 3 minutes.
- Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter, then add the onion and mushrooms and cook over medium heat for about 4 minutes.
- Add the beans, cover and cook 4 to 5 minutes.
- Put the cooked vegetables in the bowl of a food processor.
- Add the gelatin and the remaining ingredients, and process until pureed.
- Pour into a 3 cup mold and chil until firm.
- Unmold and serve with crackers.