This is a nice change from a traditional salad. From the Neely's Celebration Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups trimmed green beans, 1/2 inch slices
- 1 lb cheese tortellini (fresh or dried)
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1Prepare a large pot of salted boiling water, and a large bowl of ice water.
- 2Blanch the green beans in the boiling water, 1-2 minutes. Remove the beans with a spider or tongs, and shock them in the large bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Add the tortellini to the same pot of boiling water and cook according to the package instructions. Drain well and let cool.
- 3Combine the pecans and garlic in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until chopped. Add basil, parsley, mint, red pepper flakes, Parmesan, salt, pepper and the lemon juice and zest, and pulse again until finely chopped. Drizzle in the olive oil while the motor is running, and blend until thoroughly combined(this makes a pesto).
- 4Combine the green beans and tortellini in a serving bowl, and toss wit the pesto. Serve at room temperature and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Tortellini Salad
Serving Size: 1 (966 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 761.7
- Calories from Fat 439
- Total Fat 48.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 58.6 mg
- Sodium 899.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 23.0 g