Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Everyone loves fried green tomatoes. This casserole is just as good without the mess of frying and is heart healthier
- 5 medium green tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 dozen saltine crackers
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- in a bowl mixed sliced tomatoes and diced onions.
- crush crackers and add to tomatoes.
- pour butter, salt and pepper over tomatoes and mix.
- then add buttermilk and mix.
- pour into a casserole dish and bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes.
Delicious recipe for a tomato lover!
And tasted wonderful
thnx for sharing!