Nice warm-up on a wintry day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place tea bags into a prewarmed large tea pot; set aside.
- 2Crack open the cardamom pods using a mortar and pestle.
- 3Discard the empty pods, but keep the tiny black seeds; add the remaining spices to the mortar and crush all into medium-size pieces.
- 4Put the spices into a 4 cup heatproof measuring cup and add the boiling water; stir to mix, then let the spices infuse for 2 minutes.
- 5Quickly pour the infusion into the teapot, straining carefully to prevent the spices from going into the teapot.
- 6Steep the tea in the spice infusion for 2 minutes.
- 7Add sugar to the teapot and stir to dissolve; strain the brewed tea into teacups and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Tea With Indian Chai Spices
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 8.1
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green tea bags
white cardamom pods
whole black peppercorns