Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Nice warm-up on a wintry day.
Make and share this Green Tea With Indian Chai Spices recipe from Food.com.
- Place tea bags into a prewarmed large tea pot; set aside.
- Crack open the cardamom pods using a mortar and pestle.
- Discard the empty pods, but keep the tiny black seeds; add the remaining spices to the mortar and crush all into medium-size pieces.
- Put the spices into a 4 cup heatproof measuring cup and add the boiling water; stir to mix, then let the spices infuse for 2 minutes.
- Quickly pour the infusion into the teapot, straining carefully to prevent the spices from going into the teapot.
- Steep the tea in the spice infusion for 2 minutes.
- Add sugar to the teapot and stir to dissolve; strain the brewed tea into teacups and serve immediately.