Recipe by MTpockets
The kids love this! I would not suggest this for very young children.
Top Review by terri
Great slime! Don't make the mistake of wrapping it in paper towel to dry it off a bit when you first make it - you'll never get the paper towel off it! The particularly slimy parts can be put back into the borax water to congeal further. My kids (age 3 and 5) had a great time hiding little plastic bugs in it for a fun halloween activity.
- 1 cup glue (be sure to use water soluble glue)
- green food coloring (the neon stuff works great!)
- 4 teaspoons borax
Directions See How It's Made
- You will need two mixing bowls. In the first bowl, mix together 3/4 cup warm water, 1 cup of glue and a few drops of food coloring.
- In the second bowl, mix together 4 teaspoons borax with 1 1/3 cups warm water.
- Pour the contents of the first bowl into the second bowl but DON'T STIR.
- Let the mixture sit for about 1 minute or until it congeals. Then lift mixture out of the bowl.
- Now you have slime! (store in ziploc bags to keep it from getting hard).
- NOTE: If you want your "slime" to be more slimy just a add a little more glue, and if your slime is too sticky add a little more borax and play with it until you get the consistency you'd like. It will change as it it kneaded and played with.