Cheesy Stuffed Chicken Breast
My kids love this! I was stuck trying to think of something to make them for dinner last week, and I came up with this, they thought it was great!
- Ready In:
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 8 slices cheddar cheese, 1/2cm thick
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs
- 1⁄3 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, for shallow frying
- Cut a pocket in the side of each chicken breast.
- Break the slices of cheese in half, lengthwise. Stuff the cheese in the pocket - 2 slices per breast.
- Close the pockets with toothpicks.
- Combine bread crumbs, garlic salt, and Italian herbs in a bowl.
- Toss chicken in flour, dip in egg, and coat in breadcrumb mixture.
- Shallow fry untl golden brown on each side. Bake at 180C for 10-15 minutes, on a pre-heated tray.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Your recipe was picked along with two other chicken recipes to use in a 'cooking class' I had at my place for some other residents of my mobile home park! Interesting & enjoyable! The participants had fun! One change we made was to use breadcrumbs from some whole grain bread & cut the breasts in half, but other than that your recipe was followed right on down! We all very much enjoyed this very flavorful cheese-&-chicken combo! Thanks for posting your recipe! [Tagged & made as a THANK YOU for playing with us in Please Review My Recipe during the recent tour]Reply
see 1 more