Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy, delicious salad! I found this recipe in a Chicago Tribune article on dishes to make for Father's Day. Cook time does not include the shrimp cooking time because I always buy the shrimp already cooked.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced rosemary
- salt, freshly ground pepper
- 12 ounces prepared mixed salad greens
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 lb cooked shrimp, split in half lengthwise
- 24 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- For dressing, combine oil, vinegar, lemon juice, rosemary, salt and pepper in a small jar with a tight-fitting lid; cover and shake to combine.
- Dressing can be made several days in advance and refrigerated, shake well before using.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large salad bowl; chill until serving time.
- To serve, add dressing and toss lightly to combine.
- Add additional freshly ground pepper to taste.
This salad recipe is wonderful and so easy to prepare. I used feta with basil and tomatoes. The dressing was light, but stands up to the strong flavors of the shrimp and feta. I served this as the main course and it was very satisfying for everyone. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Refreshing and delicious for a side dish or for a quick light lunch. We love it!
I increased the recipe to 50 servings, and made this salad for my son's wedding reception. It was a great hit, folks were going back for seconds and thirds. It took a lot of prep steaming then peeling the fresh shrimp since much more was required, but had a lot of eager help in the kitchen(bought extra to nibble while we worked!), and all other supplies at hand- the salad itself went together very easily, transported well and with the bowls nestled in ice bowls, it stood up very well. There weren't any leftovers, despite the feast of home-cooked and catered foods at the reception. A truly great salad! Many requests for recipe. thanks for posting such a good easy salad! so perfect for a summer evening and an excellent recipe!