Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
I made this recipe from bits and pieces of recipes that I had. Filling my salad bowl shells with added veges and creamy rice is my idea of bliss.
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 cup minced celery
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon mccormick Bon Appetit seasoning mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pimiento
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese or 2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese
- Pam cooking spray
- 8 tortillas, salad bowl shells
- In deep frying pan, add olive oil, onion & celery. Fry until translucent.
- Add broccoli and water.
- Cover, cook on low heat 10 minutes.
- Add soup, milk,bonapetite seasoning, paprika, optional cayenne pepper, pimentos. Stir to mix well.
- Then add rice and mix well. Heat.
- Preheat oven 375*.
- Take off burner, stir in cheese.
- Grease individual ramkins with Pam or have Tortilla Salad Bowl Shells on a baking tray.
- Spoon filling into ramkins or Tortilla Salad Bowl Shells.
- Place in oven and bake 20 - 25 minutes.
- Take baking tray out of oven and let set about 5 minutes.
- Take a large flat spatula and slide underneath the Salad Bowl Shell to put on individual plates. Use a mitt to serve the individual ramkins on individual plates.
- Recipe for Tortilla Formed Salad Bowl Shells #159753.
- Note: You can serve margarine to put on top or a dish of additional cheese for those wanting more cheese,along with chopped olives if desired.