Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious way to use up leftover chicken and rice. Recipe source: shoppers newsletter
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into cubes
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cut into cubes
- In a large salad bowl combine first 5 ingredients (rice- cilantro) and half of the salad dressing, toss.
- Combine chicken, avocados and remaining salad dressing, toss.
- Add to salad.
- Toss well.
A nice refreshing salad for summer. I mixed everything together except the lettuce and avocado, so that I could make and refrigerate it in advance. I added the lettuce and avocado to individual servings. I took leftovers to work for my lunch without the lettuce and avocado, and it was still very good.
This was good & very easy, a tasty way to use up left-over chicken. Love the avocados. For salad dressing used Ken's Olive Oil & Vinegar Dressing & added 1/2 t Italian herbs. NOTE; I've increased my original rating from 4 to 5 stars; I now think I inadvertently used too much cilantro the first time.