Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I saw this soup on a cooking show a long time ago and I have fiddled with the ingredients until I got a flavour I liked. If you like a thicker soup, use a cup less of water.
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped into quarters
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan, add onion and garlic, cook, stirring until the onion is soft.
- Pour the chicken stock into the saucepan with the onion and garlic and bring to the boil.
- Add the potatoes, boil uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the peas, bring to the boil and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the chopped potatoes are tender.
- Blend potato and pea mixture in batches until smooth.
- Serve soup with sprinkled with parmesan cheese.
This is slightly bland as written, but tastes like a fantastic base for experimenting with with herbs and spices to perk it up - I look forward to experimenting!
This is a good, instant soup (no making stock first) I made it, tasted it, rated it, THEN added My variations. I added a big pinch of dried mint, and 3 slices of cooked crumbled bacon. The colour of this soup is very vivid lime green, and the parmesan really finishes it off well.