Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A fast pancake for snacks, lunches, side dish and bread companion.
- 6 green onions
- 1 teaspoon dry dill weed or 1 tablespoon fresh dill weed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optl)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Clean and chop green onions with most of the tops. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl beat your eggs, milk and 2 Tablespoons of oil together. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix dry batter ingredients, flours, baking powder, salt, sugar, diced onions, Dill Weed, and pepper. Stir well. Add the dry ingredients to the egg and milk mixture stirring until fairly smooth. Some lumps are fine.
- Fry as you would any other pancake on a hot sprayed or oiled griddle at around 400 degrees.
- Serve with stew, as lunch, snack, or breakfast.