Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a mild-flavored, creamy casserole. I don't really like sunflower seeds, so I used pine nuts instead...they were good in this. I bet other chopped nuts would also work well.
- Cook sunflower nuts and onion in butter until tender (this won't take long).
- Beat together the eggs, milk, cream cheese, and herbs, then mix with the green onions.
- Spread some butter on the bread and cut the bread into cubes.
- Lay the cubes in a small buttered casserole (I used a 9 x 9 pyrex pan).
- Pour the cheese mixture over the bread and bake in a 375 F oven for about 25 minutes.