Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the beginning of a great thing! I start with this basic recipe, then add flavors (depending on guests etc.)
- 2 cups green olives, chopped fine
- 4 scallions, chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- MIx all ingredients -- and let the flavors meld for a couple of hours before serving.
- Must be served at room temperature.
- Things that I like to add in (not necessarily at the same time).
- crushed red chili peppers.
- Serve with pita chips, sliced and toasted baguette or bread sticks!
My DH was watching food network again well we all know how that turns out, LOL. Anyway he saw a show that had an olive relish on top of steak. I asked what was in it, how it was made etc.. No idea. So i found this and gave it a try. We all like it and we will definately use again. Would be a great topping for all kinds of things. Thanks for the post!!
I really enjoyed this relish!The lemon juice adds a little zip to the olives. Refrigerated overnight and served with evelyn/athens Greek Bruschetta recipe #107298. Great recipe Katie!
What a yummy dipper! This is definately a good base to start with.