Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If you are on a low sodium diet, then this is not for you. Because of the high salt content in the green olives, I suggest to add in salt in the end of processing. Serve this with pasta or spread on crackers. If you are serving this on pasta then thin out the pesto slightly with the pasta liquid, there is enough pesto for 1 pound of pasta. I strongly suggest to triple this recipe, and then freeze in containers..... you will love this! Plan ahead the pesto needs to chill for a minimum of 4 hours to intensify flavors. All ingredients can be adjusted slightly to taste.
- 1 cup pimento stuffed olive (firmly packed and dried very well)
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- black pepper
- salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor puree the olives with the pine nuts and garlic.
- With machine running slowly add in the olive oil in a stream, then add in the Parmesan just until combined.
- Season with pepper and salt if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours before using as the flavors will intensify.
- Store covered in the refrigerator or freeze.