If you are on a low sodium diet, then this is not for you. Because of the high salt content in the green olives, I suggest to add in salt in the end of processing. Serve this with pasta or spread on crackers. If you are serving this on pasta then thin out the pesto slightly with the pasta liquid, there is enough pesto for 1 pound of pasta. I strongly suggest to triple this recipe, and then freeze in containers..... you will love this! Plan ahead the pesto needs to chill for a minimum of 4 hours to intensify flavors. All ingredients can be adjusted slightly to taste.
My Private Note
cups (a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a food processor puree the olives with the pine nuts and garlic.
- 2With machine running slowly add in the olive oil in a stream, then add in the Parmesan just until combined.
- 3Season with pepper and salt if desired.
- 4Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours before using as the flavors will intensify.
- 5Store covered in the refrigerator or freeze.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Olive Pesto
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 583.4
- Calories from Fat 537
- Total Fat 59.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 8.8 mg
- Sodium 177.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento stuffed olives