Recipe by SUSIE IN MISSOURI
This is a refreshing jello salad that is a staple of our family get togethers. This is a recipe from my Grandmother. We now joke about making this jello months in advance (don't do it!!), because my Grandmother brought it for a family dinner and said she had made it weeks before - we could not eat it, but did not have the heart to tell her. It was the beginning signs of Alzheimer's :( for her. I hope she is not spinning in her grave since I am sharing this recipe. We miss her and think of her when we have this jello for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Top Review by darladomich
This recipe has special meaning in our family....Our Mother (That passed away in 2013) Has made this for every holiday dinner & everyone loved it....The only thing different that she did was use Marshmallows instead of Pecans <3 :) Thank you for sharing this
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 3 (3 ounce) boxes lime gelatin
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 8 ounces brick cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve gelatin in 2 1/4 cup boiling water.
- Drain pineapple and add 1/4 cup of the pineapple liquid to the gelatin mixture.
- Add pineapple to gelatin.
- Pour into 9 x 13 glass casserole and refrigerate until soft set.
- Mix the softened cream cheese and milk together until combined.
- Add the nuts to cheese/milk mixture.
- Mix the jello mixture and cream cheese mixture together.
- Refrigerate overnight and cut into squares to serve.