Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Saw this in an issue of Bon Apetit - adding it here so I can have it electronically in one of my cookbooks.
- 1⁄2 ripe medium avocado (about 7 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 oil-packed anchovy, very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped (about 1 tablespoon)
- Blend first 7 ingredients in processor until coarse puree forms.
- With machine running, gradually add oil through feed tube; blend well. Transfer mixture to bowl; whisk in cream.
- Add parsley, tarragon, cilantro, basil, and shallot; whisk to combine.
- Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill at least 3 hours (dressing will separate if not chilled). Let stand at room temperature 20 minutes and rewhisk before serving.
Made for PAC Spring 2012. Tasty dressing, but not what I was expecting....I was thinking it would be more like the commercial creamy Green Goddess dressing I grew up eating....it is quite different. I did not add the cilantro because I was afraid it would overpower the recipe, but I might need to add it before I eat the leftovers tomorrow just to see how it changes it.