Recipe by LexingtonMom
A spicy, cheesy family favorite. Just 6 ingredients makes a 13x9 pan, and it is great for leftovers. Best served with sour cream and/or salsa to top.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1 lb monterey jack pepper cheese
- 10 -12 flour tortillas
- salsa, if desired (optional)
- sour cream, if desired (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef and onions together. Remove from heat and drain any excess fat. Stir soup and chiles into beef mixture (right in pan--why wash more dishes?).
- Grate cheese.
- Spray 13x9 pan with non-stick spray. Tear several tortillas into smaller pieces (approximately into eighths), then overlap pieces to cover bottom of pan. Spread half the beef mixture across tortillas (this will be sparse), then top with 1/3 of cheese. Repeat with another layer of tortilla pieces, beef mixture and cheese.
- Make a final layer of tortilla pieces to top and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Heat to bubbly in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.