Recipe by MrsSPheonix
We made this after looking at a heap of Zaar recipes, but then we left things out and put things in that needed to be used up! When Mark said "it looks so green" I just had to share. Even if no-one else likes it at least we've got it saved for next time. Measurements are a bit of a guess, so feel free to adjust to your tastes.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, minced
- 500 g corned beef, chopped finely
- 2 large potatoes, cooked and smashed (we leave the skins on)
- 1⁄2 green capsicum, chopped finely
- 1 zucchini, shredded and squeezed of excess liquid
- salt and black pepper, to taste (lots of pepper for me, just a little on the egg)
- 2 eggs, cooked how you prefer, to serve
- toast, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in frypan and saute garlic and onion until soft.
- Add all the other ingredients, except the eggs, toast and seasonings and mix well.
- Spread mixture evenly in pan and cook over a low heat, covered, about 15 minutes, until capsicum and zucchini are soft.
- Uncover and increase heat slightly then turn hash over to crisp the other side, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- You may need to turn once again to get the potatoes nice and crispy.
- Meanwhile cook eggs and toast as you like.
- Serve hash on hot plates with eggs on toast alongside.
- If you MUST (like Mark) slather in tomato sauce!