Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
- 2 tablespoons grated coconut
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 6 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, chopped (cilantro)
- 4 green chilies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- lemon juice, to taste
- salt, to taste
- Grind the coconut, onions, cumin seeds, green chillies, coriander leaves, garlic and ginger to a fine paste (with a little water) in a mortar & pestle.
- Transfer the paste into a bowl and adjust the consistency using suitable amount of water.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat for about 2 minutes. Add the mustard seeds and fry briefly till they splutter then remove from heat and add them to the chutney.
- Stir in salt and lemon juice and serve.