Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I don't remember where I found this recipe but its a yummy 1-dish meal that's easy to put together.
- 1 1⁄3 cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup canned diced green chiles, drained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) canscondensed 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- cooking spray
- 24 6-inch corn tortillas
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the first 9 ingredients in a large saucepan, stirring with a whisk.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Spread 1 cup soup mixture in a 13 x 9 inch backing dish coated with cooking spray.
- Arrange 6 tortillas over the soup mixture, and top with 1 cup chicken and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Repeat layers, ending with the cheese.
- Spread remaining soup mixture over cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Tastes great and easy to put together! Will definitely make this again.
This was a nice casserole, very quick to fix. Used left over baked chicken. Thank you for posting :)shirley(:
I found this same recipe on the AOL football "Tailgating Favorites" submitted by Teresa Marquez. The photo looks absolutely delicious and doesn't appear runny. We like green chilies and this recipe calls for more in quantity than the average casserole recipe. Plus, if Barb Gertz gives it 5 Stars, it's a definite!