Prep 5 mins
Cook 27 mins
ENJOY.....WHAT ELSE :-)
- 4 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cups spinach, blanched and pureed
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt (as per taste)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 4 tablespoons fresh yogurt, well beaten
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- tomatoes, cut in wedges
- onion rings
- ginger, cut into thin slivers
- 2 chilies, split
- Heat oil in a deep pan or skillet and do not smoke the same.
- Add fennel seeds, wait for a few seconds till they begin to splutter and add chopped onions and garlic.
- Saute till onion and garlic begin to turn light brown.
- Add salt, curry powder, black pepper powder and turmeric powder.
- Add cubed chicken breasts and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water and cover the lid.
- Cook for 15 minutes till the chicken is tender.
- Open the lid and add pureed spinach and beaten yogurt.
- Cook for 7 minutes on high flame and add water if the gravy is too thick.
- Garnish with tomato wedges, onion rings, split green chillies and thin ginger slivers.
I used low-fat yogurt (well beaten) and chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts. The result was excellent - light-tasting, spicy and colourful (and the leftovers reheated well next day in the microwave).
This was easy to make. It was very tasty and I found it even better warmed up the next day. I will definitely be making it again. Next time I may try a slightly hotter curry powder. The fennel seeds really make it and the smell is lovely. I served it over nutty brown rice. Delicious.
This was wonderful.I,ll be making this again often.I served it with Basmati Rice,sliced bananas in yogurt and a beetroot Raiti